Snow Removal For Your Business—You will Love it!
17-Jan-2019 | by Scott Bennett
Have you ever been lying in bed in the morning, relaxed and comfortable? Then, you look outside and see inches of fresh Salt Lake City, Utah snow in the driveway. Ugh! Suddenly, you don’t feel so relaxed any more. Your day is thrown off schedule. You have to shovel before you can do anything else. If you are a business owner, the stress and dread of snow removal is even higher when you realize you have two areas—your home AND your business—that you’ve got to get cleared quickly!! You can’t afford not to open on time but you may have difficulty pulling out of your own driveway.
A lot of business owners do their own snow removal for one reason and one reason alone—to save money. What people don’t realize is that having it professionally done may not cost as much as they think. It costs to do it yourself, too so professional snow removal might not be such a bad option.
Here is how hiring out snow removal can benefit you and your business:
- You don’t have to purchase and maintain snow removal equipment. To remove snow, you may need a snow blower, shovels, and deicers at the very least. And that’s just for sidewalks. You may need more equipment to clear a large parking lot. If you hire professionals, you don’t have to buy, store, or maintain expensive equipment.
- You will avoid injury. How many people have injured their backs shoveling show? The answer is that most of us have done that at one time or another. Shoveling injuries are common. Do you have a heart condition? Is it going to be made worse by shoveling? If you are paying doctors, chiropractors, or physical therapists for help surviving winter shoveling, are you saving money doing it yourself?
- You will help others avoid injury. You don’t want a customer unable to get to your business or to fall on snow or ice. Not only are you liable for injuries, but slick sidewalks and unplowed parking lots keep customers away.
- Your stress level WILL go down not having to worry about early morning snow on top of running your business. Just think how nice it would be after a snowfall to drive to your business and walk up to the door on a cleared sidewalk without having to even think about it!
- You can stay open longer. Even on snow days, you will be able to keep your business open longer and attract customers. Your snow will be removed quickly and efficiently. And don’t underestimate the value of your time. Time that you don’t have to spend removing snow could be used to grow your business.
- You will avoid damage to concrete and asphalt. Professional snow removers can get a parking lot and sidewalk clear with minimal damage to the surface beneath because they have the latest tools and experience using them. Commercial landscaping is a whole other animal and if you have your snow professionally removed you don’t want to have to pay for costly repairs in the spring time.