What To Look For In A Commercial Landscaping Company
25-Apr-2019 | by Scott Bennett
First impressions are important. It doesn’t matter how great the product or service is that your business is promoting or selling. If the landscaping around your building or front door looks overgrown or full of weeds, it reflects on your business—and not in the way that you want. On the other hand, landscaping that is well taken care of does the opposite. It legitimizes your business and projects a look of success and confidence that potential clients and customers feel when they walk in your door.
As a business owner in Salt Lake City, you are probably thinking about the bottom line. You probably worry about keeping expenses low, but you know that having your property taken care of is well worth the cost. So how do you choose a landscaping company? What do you look for? What’s important?
You’ve probably noticed that there are a lot of landscaping companies out there that offer different services. The best company for you is one that meets your needs. Before checking into any companies, you’ve got to first assess your needs. What services do you need? Do you need new installation and construction? Or do you just need seasonal cleanup and maintenance? What about snow removal? Snow removal in Salt Lake City is a big one. Choose a company that is good at what you need. Once you have found a few companies that are qualified to meet your needs, ask them a few questions.
Questions to ask a potential landscaping company
1. What are your qualifications? This questions is a big one. Does the owner have a degree in horticulture or something related? Is the company licensed and insured? What industry affiliations do they have? You want the most qualified people you can find taking care of your landscaping.
2. Do you have references? It’s really helpful to get to see properties a potential company has designed and/or maintained. By seeing other properties, you will get a good sense of the quality of work a company performs.
3. Do you do your own work or do you subcontract? Subcontractors may or may not do quality work because they aren’t as invested in keeping your business.
4. Do you own your own equipment? If the company has large, high quality mowers, they may be able to get the work done faster. It also shows that they have already been successful in taking care of and keeping customers.
5. Will I have an account manager? It’s helpful to have a contact person at a company. It’s helpful to have a person, the same person, who is familiar with your account in case of any problem.
If you find a company and feel satisfied with their qualifications, remember to check online reviews. You will get an idea of how satisfied customers are with the company’s work. You will also get an idea of how they resolve concerns of customers.
There aren’t definite sources on this topic, but here are links to landscaping companies from across the country and what they think is important to look for in a landscaping company